ATS vs HCM

Krista Honeycutt

Hi All!

My organization is in the process of selecting a new ATS. I've been around and have used Taleo, Greenhouse, ADP-RM, BambooHR, WorkDay and SilkRoad. Most of these tools are part of greater HCM package. I'm currently recommending a standalone ATS (Martian Logic) and have received pushback from some team members. I'd be curious how many of you have used standalone ATS systems and if you feel they are a better fit than those rolled into a HCM package.

Context: My current organization has multiple locations, including international locations. We have approx. 1,300 employees with the majority in production/manufacturing or engineering.

This question certainly demands multiple perspectives, but I will chime in. My general observation is that one-size fits all software rarely does everything well. We use a stand alone ATS and separate HCM and moving a hired candidate from the ATS to the HCM is as simple as entering their name and email address. They are then invited to self-onboard and viola! Employee data is in the system!

Back